On February 5, 2011, Christopher Edmonstone and I collaborated again for a photoshoot, which took place in the model’s 2-storey loft. I did the makeup, provided some jewellery for a few of the shots, and helped with the lighting/reflectors.
On December 12, 2010 I was asked by Christopher Edmonstone to do the makeup for a photoshoot. I also acted as his assistant, helping with moving lighting and reflectors. Lots of fun, and the photos turned out really well!
I was commissioned to create a ‘Dia de los Muertos’ makeup look for Halloween. I compiled a few examples culled from the ‘net to use as inspiration, then pretty much made it up as I went along. The client was thrilled with the result, and reported the next day that the makeup stayed put through a long night of partying, despite the rainy weather.
– Sleep reduces the negative impact that stress has on the body. Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
– Eat a balanced, healthy diet.
– If you are prone to breakouts, try reducing your intake of dairy products. Many people, while they may not actually be allergic to dairy have a sensitivity to it, which can manifest itself by affecting your skin’s appearance.
CLEANSING – properly cleansing skin leads the way to healthy skin
– For your skin to be healthy, it must be cleansed thoroughly but gently.
– Do not use very hot water when washing your face, as it can strip away the natural moisture.
– Gel-based cleansers remove makeup easily, although if you have dry or dehydrated skin, a cream-based product can be more moisturizing.
– Occasionally treat yourself to a deep-cleansing masque or facial – but if you include this in your pre-wedding beauty plan, do not have this treatment done too close the wedding. A week or two in advance is a good idea, to give the skin a few days to recover.
EXFOLIATING – healthy skin needs to breathe
– Using a gentle product that contains tiny ‘scrubbing’ particles removes dead skin cells that naturally build up over time. Always use a scrub that has been formulated specifically for the face – never a “body scrub”, which contains particles that are much larger and rougher and if used on the face, may cause microscopic tears in the skin.
– Some products contain alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids and retinoids, which aid in exfoliating and the production of collagen.
– Facial toners act as humectants, which prepare your skin for moisturizer and aid in its penetration.
I am preparing to send out the first official marketing campaign for the new website www.whoiswindsong.com: 25% off jewellery orders over $100 and 15% off makeup services – but it’s going to be a limited-time offer, and open only to my email subscribers, so I’m encouraging anyone who would like to get in on the action to subscribe now or alternatively email me at email@example.com!